...weekly News update 17 October 2020
Dear beloved Parishioners and friends of St Monica's Hoxton,
It has been beautiful to see you all at the Masses. Thank you for coming and your kindness in observing the social distancing rules in our Parish. We are also grateful to all those who volunteer as cleaners and stewards, your kindness has been a wonderful support during this unusual times with the Covid-19 pandemic. While obligation of Sunday Mass remains suspended, you are encouraged to attend weekday Masses when you are able. We have arranged the Church to welcome you as safely as possible and the Masses will be brief. Based on the social distancing guidance, our Parish is adopting the 2 meters rule and this means a reduced seating capacity in Church during Mass. At the moment, the seating capacity during Mass is 65 ( but 120 with 18 households) and there is only one way system in Church. Please note the new 6 person rule does not apply. All are welcome
FACE COVERINGS - are mandatory in Places of Worship from Saturday 8th August 2020. Please you are required to wear a face covering when in Church unless you are exempt from doing so. This is good for all who gather in the Church for Mass as it is an enclosed public space where there are people from different households who they do not normally meet.
Information about who is exempt from wearing a face covering can be found here:
October devotion - This month is dedicated to praying the Rosary in honour of the Blessed Virgin Mary. We are encouraged to pray the rosary with our families and as individuals.
Our Parish continues to support the homeless and families in need with help from Caritas Westminster. Hot meals are available every week (Monday and Tuesday) from 6.00pm - 7.00pm at St Monica's RC Church 19 Hoxton Square N1 6NT. For food donations please contact Aina - 07759137860, 07305765386
Thank you all and God bless you!
- Fr Gabriel & Parish team
Mass times are as follows: Saturday (vigil): 6.30pm, Sunday: 8.30am, 10.30am, 12noon & 6.30pm while weekday Mass (Mon - Sat) is at 9.30am
A silent adoration with the Blessed Sacrament every Saturday 5pm - 6.15pm with an opportunity for Confession.
1. Parishioners and visitors from the same household should please sit together.
2. There will be no singing during these Masses and Holy Communion will be distributed on the hand.
3. Parishioners and visitors are kindly required to leave immediately after the final blessing so that the Church can be sanitised and made ready for the next Mass.
4. If you are feeling unwell, or you are recommended to remained sheltered, you should stay at home for your well-being.
5. Please wear warm clothes while in the church.
6. While the offering bags will not be passed around again, please put your Sunday collections and donations in the basket at the back of the church. Please consider making your donations online via standing order (contact the Parish office for guidance). You can also make your Sunday collection and donation with our contactless device. It easy and safe to use. Thank you for your generous donations to our Parish.
Please consider joining our Parish Steward team to help keep the church open for public Mass. For more information email the Parish office
Confessions are held every Saturday (5pm-6pm) and on request. Please call the Parish office 02077395006 to arrange for a confession with a Priest.
WEDDINGS can now be celebrated in the Church with only 15 people. Please contact the Parish office for further details.
FUNERALS can now be celebrated in the Church with only 30 people. Please contact the Parish office for further details.
FIRST HOLY COMMUNION - Enrolment forms for the next course will be available in November (Children in Year 3 and 7-10 yrs old).
BAPTISM - Please call or email the Parish office for bookings and further information.
CONFIRMATION - Enrolment forms for the next course will be available in January 2021 ( Young adults 13-18 yrs old).
The Parish Priest is available by appointment.
Please call 02077395006, or email
Food bank news from Hackney Food bank
Please note that with immediate effect we have closed our Tuesday foodbank distribution centre, St Luke’s Church (also known as Hackney Central Foodbank Centre), until further notice. Our other four distribution centres remain open and fully operational.
St John Hoxton Crypt
Pitfield Street N1 6NP
17:00 - 18:45
Oldhill Street and Clapton Terrace E5 9BW
St Mary's Church,
Stoke Newington Church Street N16 9ES
Florence Bennett Centre, Cherbury Street, N1 6TL